Friday, July 6, 2012

so disappointed...

Not good....while working out today, I pulled/tore my calf muscle. I moved "just right" and I felt it "pop" followed by intense pain.....so as sad I am to say this, my July goals are on hold for a couple of weeks. 

I researched the treatment and I have to remember r.i.c.e. - rest, ice, compression, elevation.  My parents are a Godsend....in more ways than I can tell you here, but they are bringing crutches, compression bandages and and extra ice pack for me. Lord, I have never used crutches in my entire 45 years....this should be interesting.....

Oh and to top it off, we are leaving for an northern Michigan a canoe trip tonight....not sure how I am going to do my "rice" in a canoe, but we shall see.......to be continued.........


For information on calf injuries click here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment